Vicia sativa provides palatable forage (fresh, hay and silage) and grain to livestock.
Vicia sativa originated from southern Europe and is now widespread in the Mediterranean basin, in West and Central Asia, China, eastern Asia, India and in the USA.
- Armenian Botanical Society (ABS)
- Lebanon Agricultural Research Institute (LARI)
- Plant Genetic Resources Centre (PGRC, Uganda)
- Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciéncia
- Plant Genetic Resources Institute (PGRI - Pakistan)
- Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization (KALRO, Kenya)
- University of Pavia
- Genetic Resources Institute (GRI) of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
- Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources of Environment
- Ethiopian Biodiversity Institute (EBI)
- National Botanical Garden of Georgia (NBGG)
- Spanish Institute for Agricultural and Food Research and Technology (INIA, Spain)